Timbercare Translucent Wood Stain
- Soap and water clean
- Superior penetration of an oil based
- Blended with 100% acrylic for long lasting durability
- UV filter technology provides ultimate sunscreen protection against harmful ultra violet light
- Provides protection against weather exposure, cracking, blistering, peeling and to help prevent surface mildew
- Contains a wax to aid in the repelling of water and durability
- Enhancing the beauty of the wood while allows the grain to show through
- Product that complies with the Canadian environmental standards in relation to volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Can be used as a 1, 2 or 3-coat system depending on the surface to be treated: A 1 coat application on deck below 2 feet high or near a water source like swimming pools. (Please note: 1 coat system will have to be recoated every 8 to 16 months), 2-coat system for well-ventilated decks over 2 feet high and 2 or 3-coat system for vertical log surfaces.
- Before applying the product, wait 48 hours after rainfall or high pressure cleaning. The wood must have between 12 to 18% moisture content.
- This is a ready-to-use product and should not be diluted.
- Thoroughly stir the product before and during application.
- Condition the tools with water before using them.
- Apply the product along the grain of the wood. If you are spraying, immediately smooth the surface with a paintbrush. To avoid lapping, only coat a few boards at a time. Generously saturate the ends of the boards. Apply the prescribed coat system to the surface to be treated in order to achieve optimum performance and comply with the prescribed drying time before covering. Make sure application is completed 1 to 2 hours before a rainfall or the night dew. If second coat is not applied within 3-5 days after
- Let surface dry completely before walking on it. Extend drying time in case of heavy rain, cooler temperatures and high humidity.
- Wait 48 hours before resuming normal traffic, 5 to 7 days before replacing furniture on the deck and 14 days before cleaning the surface with a non-abrasive detergent and water.
To obtain more information on application methods, visit the website at www.para.com
**Additional Data: Brushing is preferred to work stain into the surface and to achieve a more uniform appearance and distribution. Caution: To avoid lap marks, keep a “wet” edge by stopping only at natural breaks. Not recommended over gloss or previously painted surfaces. May not be compatible with other freshly stained surfaces containing wax. For optimum adhesion and application performance, ensure that the temperature and relative humidity are as stated above at time of application and four hours after.