(NC) Design heats up this season with bold reds to spice up your décor. Rich elegant red is commonly seen in fashion and beauty, and now its various shades have recently become popular with designers. This is why we see more reds, often considered traditional, incorporated into contemporary designs. When it comes to your home, the key is to know where and how to make the biggest impact.
Here are some design trade tips for working with delicious velvety red:
• Red creates a dynamic accent wall.
• Red is a bold yet luxurious statement for cabinetry or a welcoming front door.
• Red is gorgeous in a dining room or bedroom accent wall revealing a feeling of luxury.
Create balance in your space when designing with red:
• For a glamorous, red-carpet look be sure to balance with neutrals such as cream, grey and deeper elegant wood tones or even a weathered wood for a relaxed warm family home.
• Statement reds work well in a traditional kitchen setting as well as a clean lined modern space.
• Red is a known as an appetite stimulant and since we eat with our eyes, it is often used in restaurants, luxury lounges and bars, where these shades encourage conversation and comfort.
When creating a warm spirited space, start with a single focal wall. Consider the Para Paints colour of the year, Cherries Jubilee (P5079-85). Paint the surrounding walls in a soft grey, taupe or blush tone, for example Memory Overload (P5222-34D) or a cool grey such as Sing Time (P5221-34D). This is particularly effective when paired with accessories in warm soft golds or cool metals and flooring in grey or medium to dark wood tones.
Red is a sophisticated, classic colour, which provides energy, vitality, and a new zesty passion for life!
More information is available at Para.com